Children constitute principal assets of any country. Children’s development is as important as the development of material resources and the best way to develop national human resources is to take CARES of children. These are many orphan and many semi-orphan street children who have no one to fall back on and more pathetically they are totally or partially denied of childhood and even a hope for future at a tender age roaming, wandering and begging for food on footpaths, railway stations and sleeping on stations, under abandoned buildings and on footpaths too. CARES extends to them CARES, rehabilitation, education – their LOST CHILDHOOD!!
CARES and Children
CARES implements various activities and projects for the rehabilitation, welfare and education of the children of all categories of rural and urban areas. Some of our regular and main projects are: Orphan cum Rehabilitation Homes, Child Rights Campaigns, Supporting Educational Materials/books/scholarships/uniforms/hostel materials for poor hostlers, special rehabilitation of orphan and PLHIV street children etc.
CARES and Education
AT CARES the sharing of knowledge and wisdom that have and can bring an indispensable changes among people of all categories of ages are EDUCATION only! Education is one of the prime founding objectives of CARES and it gives utmost priority in providing education and enhancing educational opportunities to the deserving children in many ways irrespective of any sort of priority except with the priority of mostly rural areas and urban slums.
- Andhra Pradesh has 3.1 crores children below 18 years of age that constitute 41 percent of the state’s population.
- One out of 15 children die before they reach the age of one year and 1 of 62 children die before attaining five years of age
- 7.3 percent of babies in AP born with birth weight less than 2.5 kg
- Of every 100 pre-school children in the state 54 suffers from malnutrition , 72.3 percent children in the State suffer from anaemia
- Of every 100 children of 5-14 years age group 26 continue to be out of school.
- Of every 100 children who are enrolled 32 do not reach secondary level.
- Of every 100 children who are enrolled 53 drop out before they complete secondary level and 64 drop out before completing 10th class
Children born to this world and if they are abandoned, wandering on streets without homes, live on begging, working as bonded labourers in front of our eyes for not of their faults, is of our responsibility to rehabilitate and provide them a life of CHILDHOOD!
- Do not take your child to work along with you and send (accompany) your child to school
- Watch your children at school and inquire progress of your child
- Participate in community meetings and strengthen & support community committees and its actions
- Stopping violence against children and respect & protect (not neglect) your child’s rights
- Strictly not to have marriage of your tender-age girls; which is equal to sending for suicide